Tuesday 24 January 2012

Handwriting

Hi Boxxers,

Do any of you have a fear of your own handwriting?

Let me tell you a little story - I have been scrapping for about 6 years now and nearly every single layout that I did either contained NO journalling or COMPUTER GENERATED journalling - it did not matter how good a layout looked, the minute I put my own writing to it I immediately hated the layout with a passion.

It was not the fact that my writing was messy the fact was it was too neat and my problem was that I admired the scrappers who had the funkiest handwriting that just looked amazing.

At the beginning of last year I made a pact with myself that from now on any page that I created MUST be handwritten on - OMG how was I going to do this?

Well let me tell you..............you are all gunna think i'm kooky now (anyone who scraps with me has a big giggle at my expense) - I discovered that if I wrote my journalling lightly on my page in pencil and then turned my page upsidedown and wrote in marker it gave my journalling a slightly creative edge.


So my tip and challenge to you all today - next time you tackle handwritten journalling on your layout try doing it upsidedown to see if you like it better.

Happy Days

BBxx

3 comments:

Lisa Amiet said...

haha I LOVE IT!! I wondered how you got your writing looking so FUNKY!! I've got to try that xoxo

Dolly B said...

I'll have to give it a go, because I hate my handwriting as well, but your's always looks great. Thanks for the tip
Mary x

Noels said...

you are a KooK.. but love ya.. Will have to try your trick next time