Saturday 10 September 2011

Book of You Kit | August 2011

The BOY for August is available at The Boxx Shop now!!  Get in quick so as not to miss out... or better still, just subscribe!  :))

This month is all about the things you wish for!  This can mean many things to you.  It would also mean different things to different people.  I tend to think of wishes as a little less material than goals, less tangible perhaps… but just as important, if not more so. 

So, for me this month, it’s about my most important wishes coming true.  For my first layout, I used some of the yummy BG Sweet Threads pp, BG Sweet Threads layered stickers, Hambly frames, Kaiser alphas and buttons from the kit, rolled on paint full of texture and plenty of messy tangled up thread.

{Things I Wish For}


For my second layout, I chose to use the same photo!  Yes, it’s ok to scrap the same photo more than once!!  If a particular photo really has meaning to you, it may be that it means something to you for more than one reason.  Scrap it as many times as you like to express the emotions that that one photo elicits…. or the memories that it relates to… or the messages that you want to tell those loved ones in the photo!

Here we have Pink Paislee Eclipse from the Twilight collection (big 'twerd' that I am), MME Stella and Rose, Hambly frames and mini frames and some more of those BG Sweet Threads layered stickers and buttons.... oh, and a little bit of book paper and tissue tape from last month's kit thrown in for good measure!  :)

{4 Wishes}


I have plenty left over for more projects, so I'm sure you'll see many more of these left overs.  For a detailed tutorial on putting these layouts together, subscribe to The Book of You kits group.

Have fun BOY kit lovers!!  Just remember.... ocassionally, make it all about YOU.  :)

Cheers
Jules
x



2 comments:

Chantelle said...

Both of these are just gorgeous Jules - off to check out the kit!!

Gina said...

wow..absolutely gorgeous work Jules! Gx